Sunday, July 16, 2006

"This is not a love song..."

"...it's a sonnet."

Music is unbelievable. It has such power to enrage, impassion, encourage, and even annoy.

Lately I've been listening to a guy that goes by the moniker Matisyahu. He's a Hasidic Jew (curls, beard, hat, scarf, and all) who does reggae (very well, I might add). I know, I know, you've already heard about him and I've missed the boat; Well, my point is I like his music and his lyrics are great and deeply spiritual. Here is a link to a video of a live performance.

Besides Matisyahu, I've been listening to K-Os, Gnarls Barkley, Deleriou5, and Simon & Garfunkel. Click here.

[Don't forget to subscribe.]

2 comments:

R said...

You're right, I have heard of him. You're always missing the boat.;)

Stafford said...

With not being a big reggae fan, I have a hard time getting into Matisyahu's stuff. Maybe I should listen a little more closely to his stuff and I might appreciate it more.